The Fund for Gladwyne Montessori Giving Day!
Plan to participate in Giving Day, but not ready to make your gift today? If you plan to pay by check, donor-advised fund, stock or securities, or plan to participate at a future date, please fill out this form and we will include you in our giving totals today! Click here to make your pledge today.
Why Should I Give?
- Tuition only covers about 85% of the actual cost of a student’s education in an independent school.
- The Annual Fund makes up some of that difference and supports every aspect of the GMS experience.
- Your gift, regardless of size, ensures we raise the necessary additional funding to support our programs, faculty and facilities.
- Participation is the single most important source of non-tuition income for us.
Where is the Money Going?
- Last year, we spent $28k on Literacy Programming & Materials, $28k on Professional Development for teachers & staff, $107k on Classroom Enhancements and $748k on Tuition Assistance!
- Your support makes a difference in the lives of your children through investments in the areas of our classroom and school that touch their lives each and every day.
Can I give to an area of the school that holds meaning to me and my family values?
Absolutely! You can direct your funds to any of the following four areas as part of our operating budget:
- Professional Development: provide our faculty and staff with opportunities to participate in continuing education courses and workshops that directly impact their work in the classroom and our school.
- Classroom Enhancements: allows teachers to procure developmentally appropriate materials for the classroom that follow their students’ interests and engage them in learning.
- Literacy Program: allows teachers and literacy specialists to purchase new books at various reading levels to keep students engaged and excited about reading.
- Financial Aid/Scholarships: We believe no family should be held back from attending a Montessori school for financial reasons alone. We are stronger as a community and can serve our students better when we can educate our children in an environment that represents the diverse and interconnected world they will be adults in one day.
How much should I give?
All members of the Gladwyne Montessori community are encouraged to contribute an amount that is personally meaningful. Each gift is celebrated and stands as a meaningful show of support for our community. Last year, gifts ranged from $5 to $20,000, with most gifts being between $100 and $500.
It is important to note the significant impact of our community of leadership donors, whose gifts of $1,000+ account for more than 75% of the dollars contributed each year!
Can I contribute through a gift of stock or securities, my employer's giving program, or a donor advised fund?
Yes, please use the pledge form, above, or contact the Advancement team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (610) 649-1761 ext. 112.
*Denotes area that are part of our school's operating budget.